1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance
"The Grassroots of the Great Lakes!"
Your Gateway to active Tea Party groups in Michigan!
Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!
Missed the State of the Union Address? Watch it here in its entirety...
NEW ELECTION TOOL for Liberty, Patriot, and Conservatives!!
Michigan Tea Party Alliance Web site Guiding Principle
We are tea parties from throughout the state of Michigan who believe we were given an awesome gift of a republic based on a set of inspired documents called the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In these document are three basic principles we espouse. They are:
· Limited government
· Fiscal responsibility
· Free markets
These values derive from our shared heritage and a belief in a free person who exercises personal responsibility.
A) Limited Government
1) Strengthen state sovereignty
2) Make local and state governments stronger and more independent from national government
3) Stop legislation which hinders personal liability: property rights, moral legislation, free speech, etc. and most legislation which removes personal choice from citizens who have unalienable rights
4) Reform tax code (with focus on lowering tax burden for all citizens)
B) Fiscal Responsibility
1) Reduce the size of all government departments and bureaucracies at every level
2) Reduce and limit grants and foreign aid
3) Common sense approach to balancing the budget, no new debt and eventually paying off the debt
C) Free Markets
1) Limit regulation of any sector of business or industry
2) Reform subsidies and taxation
3) Eliminate government ownership in any private company or industry
Friends of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance
1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance Member groups