1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance
"The Grassroots of the Great Lakes!"
Your Gateway to active Tea Party groups in Michigan!
Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!
October 20, 2015
Downtown Lansing, Capital Square
We need you in Lansing on Tuesday October 20th if at all possible. It will be worth your time.
1. From 12 noon til 1:15 we will gather at Central United Methodist Church, 215 N. Capital in Lansing (map here). We are arranging for a presentation of the torturous journey of the effort to fund the road repairs that Michigan needs over the past few years including the horrible Prop. 1 that went down in glorious, richly deserved defeat just last May. Bring a sack lunch, some snacks to share.... sort of a church pot luck, eh? If you have any letters or messages for your representative bring them along. We intend to have someone video statements to your legislator also.
2. The debate between Senator Colbeck and Senator Hertel will take place in the Senate Appropriations Room on the 3rd floor of the Capital Building from 1:30 to 2:15. It is just a short walk from the church across the street to the Capital.
Recap: Noon - background briefing at the Central UMC; 1:30 pm debate on 3rd floor of the Capital.
Hope to see you Tuesday in Lansing.
Get informed; send a message.
Be a patriot!
Organized and brought together by just a group of your fellow citizens who want to give you a chance to make yourself heard in Lansing.
No progressives were injured by 'micro-aggression' or had their feelings hurt in the preparation of this message.
On top of spending $50 million for a better view of the Capitol for the Senate, we need to spend ANOTHER $88 million for underground parking for our legislators and a welcome center. Along with asking for $2 BILLION in May AND being $450 million dollars short for this years budget.
NEW ELECTION TOOL for Liberty, Patriot, and Conservatives!!
Great to see these signs in SW Michigan!
How Will Your State Fare in the Obamacare Exchanges?
Michigan Tea Party Alliance Web site Guiding Principle
We are tea parties from throughout the state of Michigan who believe we were given an awesome gift of a republic based on a set of inspired documents called the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In these document are three basic principles we espouse. They are:
· Limited government
· Fiscal responsibility
· Free markets
These values derive from our shared heritage and a belief in a free person who exercises personal responsibility.
A) Limited Government
1) Strengthen state sovereignty
2) Make local and state governments stronger and more independent from national government
3) Stop legislation which hinders personal liability: property rights, moral legislation, free speech, etc. and most legislation which removes personal choice from citizens who have unalienable rights
4) Reform tax code (with focus on lowering tax burden for all citizens)
B) Fiscal Responsibility
1) Reduce the size of all government departments and bureaucracies at every level
2) Reduce and limit grants and foreign aid
3) Common sense approach to balancing the budget, no new debt and eventually paying off the debt
C) Free Markets
1) Limit regulation of any sector of business or industry
2) Reform subsidies and taxation
3) Eliminate government ownership in any private company or industry
Friends of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance
1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance Member groups
Because of re-districting, there will be changes to how are Congressional districts are set up. Click the links below to see how these changes effect you
PDF: U.S. congressional remapping(as passed 6-29-11)
PDF: Michigan Senate remapping(as passed by 6-29-11)
PDF: Michigan House remapping (as passed 6-29-11)
1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance