1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance
"The Grassroots of the Great Lakes!"
Your Gateway to active Tea Party groups in Michigan!
Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!
The list is out on how much Michigan's Cities and Counties will aquire from YOUR wallet IF the May Prop 1 Ballot proposal passes. download the entire list below or access the Detroit News Road Dollar Tracker at the link below
Full List of Dollar Amounts for ALL Michigans Cities and Counties for May Prop 1 Ballot Proposal PDF Format (Per Michigan Department of Transportation)
"....according to testimony by Senate Secretary Carol Vivendi last year, is so every senator’s office would enjoy a clear view of the state capitol..."
Senate Bill 509 Majority Leaders Analysis
For the record, here is the roll call of who voted yea and nay to spend $50 million for a better view of the Capital.
Authorize new state Senate office building
Gregory (D) Johnson (D) Smith (D) Young (D)
Booher (R) Brandenburg (R) Casperson (R) Caswell (R) Colbeck (R)
Emmons (R) Green (R) Hansen (R) Hildenbrand (R) Jansen (R)
Kahn (R) Kowall (R) Marleau (R) Meekhof (R) Moolenaar (R)
Nofs (R) Pappageorge (R) Pavlov (R) Richardville (R) Robertson (R)
Ananich (D) Anderson (D) Bieda (D) Hood (D) Hopgood (D)
Hunter (D) Warren (D) Whitmer (D)
Hune (R) Jones (R) Proos (R) Rocca (R) Schuitmaker (R)
On top of spending $50 million for a better view of the Capitol for the Senate, we need to spend ANOTHER $88 million for underground parking for our legislators and a welcome center. Along with asking for $2 BILLION in May AND being $450 million dollars short for this years budget.
NEW ELECTION TOOL for Liberty, Patriot, and Conservatives!!
Great to see these signs in SW Michigan!
How Will Your State Fare in the Obamacare Exchanges?
Michigan Tea Party Alliance Web site Guiding Principle
We are tea parties from throughout the state of Michigan who believe we were given an awesome gift of a republic based on a set of inspired documents called the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In these document are three basic principles we espouse. They are:
· Limited government
· Fiscal responsibility
· Free markets
These values derive from our shared heritage and a belief in a free person who exercises personal responsibility.
A) Limited Government
1) Strengthen state sovereignty
2) Make local and state governments stronger and more independent from national government
3) Stop legislation which hinders personal liability: property rights, moral legislation, free speech, etc. and most legislation which removes personal choice from citizens who have unalienable rights
4) Reform tax code (with focus on lowering tax burden for all citizens)
B) Fiscal Responsibility
1) Reduce the size of all government departments and bureaucracies at every level
2) Reduce and limit grants and foreign aid
3) Common sense approach to balancing the budget, no new debt and eventually paying off the debt
C) Free Markets
1) Limit regulation of any sector of business or industry
2) Reform subsidies and taxation
3) Eliminate government ownership in any private company or industry
Friends of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance
1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance Member groups
Because of re-districting, there will be changes to how are Congressional districts are set up. Click the links below to see how these changes effect you
PDF: U.S. congressional remapping(as passed 6-29-11)
PDF: Michigan Senate remapping(as passed by 6-29-11)
PDF: Michigan House remapping (as passed 6-29-11)
1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance